Exam Board: AQA
The aims of the course are as follows:
- Develop knowledge and an informed understanding of contemporary political structures and issues in their historical context, both within the UK and globally.
- Develop a critical awareness of the changing nature of politics and the relationships between political ideas, institutions and processes.
- Develop knowledge and an informed understanding of the influences and interests which have an impact on decisions in government and politics and of the rights and responsibilities of individuals and groups.
- Develop the ability to critically analyse, interpret and evaluate political information to form arguments and make judgements.
- Develop an interest in, and engagement with, contemporary politics.
Students should have Grade 4 or higher in GCSE English and Mathematics, or the equivalent grade/mark in their national system of secondary education.