Padworth College, a co-educational boarding and day school for international and British students aged 14-19 years, is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Chemistry.
We seek a graduate to teach IGCSE, A Level and Foundation level Chemistry. The ability to teach another subject is desirable. NQTs are welcome to apply. A firm commitment to working in a busy independent boarding school is essential.
We are an all inclusive, welcoming private college, with a high proportion of international students that requires the assistance of a first rate Chemist to add to the teaching staff. We offer small classes sizes, delivered in a tutorial style and a teaching environment where the students are willing to learn and provide for an all-round enjoyable teaching experience.
The ideal applicant will be required to teach IGCSE, A Level and Foundation level. We require the applicant to be proficient in all aspects of the course for Chemistry.
The successful applicant will be offered a full time, temporary contract with commencement to begin in January 2022.
- Provide high quality teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for young people.
- Ensure all our students are able to thrive and engage in both academic and vocational learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential, whilst developing personal and employability skills.
- Plan and execute a diverse programme that meets individual learner needs within Chemistry.
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required.
- Ensure a high quality learning experience for students, which meet both internal and external quality standards.
- Prepare and regularly update subject materials.
- Use a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the college procedures, and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and independent learning.
- Support and motivate students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills.
- Ensure a safe, secure and healthy environment for students.
For further details about the position please see our website: https://www.padworth.com/about-us/vacancies/
Completed Application Forms, and a covering letter should be returned as soon as possible to email@example.com
CVs without an Application Form will not be accepted. Interviews will be held as soon as possible.
Early applications are encouraged, as we reserve the right to offer the post at any stage in the appointment process or not to offer the post.
All College staff are expected to:
- Support and contribute to the College’s responsibility for safeguarding students.
- Work towards and support the College vision and objectives.
- Carry out the work of the College to the best of their ability, displaying initiative and enthusiasm.
- Support colleagues and their work.
Padworth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, so the post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
Teacher Of Chemistry Advert November 2021
Teacher Of Chemistry Job Description November 2021
Teacher Of Chemistry Person Specification April 2020