We seek a responsible, patient and compassionate individual with a good sense of humour to join our team. A firm commitment to working in a busy, independent school is essential, as is a willingness to get involved in all aspects of College life and our community
The role is part-time, requiring 5 to 6 hours per day during term time, with some occasional days around the start and end of term.
Ideally the candidate will have a wide range of administration skills within an education setting, a good knowledge of using MIS systems would be preferred.
The successful applicant will enjoy being part of the College community and the wider Inspiring Futures Education Group.
Main duties include:
- Support and enable effective communication across different departments and the smooth running of the College Office.
- Assist the Bookkeeper and Registrar with admin duties.
- Answer the phone and front door to callers and visitors and assist with their queries.
- Print and bind items as required (e.g., Commendation Certificates).
- Process documents and analyses using Word and Excel and input data under direction of members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Collate and distribute the weekly register, contact lists and any staff newsletters.
- Collate and order stationary, books and other items as requested by departments within the College.
- Manage incoming and outgoing post and parcel/courier duties.
- Assist with the organisation of College events.
- Maintain filing/organise systems to provide immediate retrieval of information.
- Undertake administrative tasks, including maintenance of computer records.
- Research and purchase items on behalf of the College/Senior Leadership Team.
- Distribute all necessary communications to staff and parents.
- Correspond with parents via email, face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Carry out basic health and safety fire procedures, such as weekly/monthly checking of fire equipment, acting as a Fire Warden.
The role comes with a competitive salary of £21,000 to £24,000 per annum, pro rata, subject to experience, a 5% pension contribution, 25 days holiday pro rata and bank holidays and all working time meals (during term time).
The closing date for applications is Sunday 27 February, 2022. Early applications are encouraged. Interviews will be held as soon as possible. We reserve the right to offer the post at any stage in the appointment process or not to offer the post.
Padworth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people so the post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Administrator Job Description