Padworth College is a small sixth form international boarding college, offering a highly personalised education, preparing students from all over the world, aged 14 to 19 years, for entry to leading universities globally.
Padworth College offers a unique educational experience and provides a stepping stone between traditional school education and university studies. Students are closely supervised and supported, but also learn how to study independently and to develop study skills that will allow them to thrive in a university environment.
- A strong focus on the development of independent learning to facilitate the transition from A Level to university
- A commitment to realising academic potential and finding the right career pathways for the individual
- Small class sizes (average 8-10)
- A diverse international community, with the student body made up of up to 30 nationalities
- Flexible subject combinations, with students offered advice on optimal study plans at the point of admission
- Oxbridge tutorial style education with Personal Tutors supporting university applications
- Medical and Oxbridge Preparation Programmes provided at no extra cost
- A traditional British curriculum with a modern approach and global outlook
- The opportunity to board on a full-time, weekly or flexible basis with high quality pastoral support, promoting independence and aiding the transition to university
- A high level of contact between staff, parents, and students
- Personalised learning plans with regular testing, leading to focused target setting for each individual student
- Extensive sports and extra-curricular activities
- Excellent track record of placing students in leading UK universities
- Set within an impressive 12 acre campus, close to the university town of Reading and just 50 miles from central London