Padworth College is a small and friendly independent co-educational school for day and boarding students aged 13-19 from the UK and all over the world. We offer full and part-time career opportunities for specialist teachers of all subjects at GCSE and A Level. If you would like to submit your CV in case a suitable post arises, please send it to email@example.com
Please note that CVs must be accompanied by a completed application form and details of two referees. Padworth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and therefore applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Servi
Residential House Parent: Boys’ Boarding – job description
Reporting to: Boarding Administrator
The role is an important, supportive one which requires flexibility and good communication with the Boarding Administrator and other boarding staff. The post holder must at all times behave in a responsible and appropriate manner for a person charged with the welfare and safety of students, and act as a role model.
Duties to include:
- Be loyal to the aims and objectives, policies and procedures of the College
- Work closely with the Boarding Administrator and the boarding team
- Establish friendly, supportive relationships with students whilst maintaining authority
- Encourage students to behave appropriately at all times as civilised members of a boarding community, where differences are celebrated and respected by all
- Supervise and, as appropriate, direct and support boarding students in their work outside lessons and have an overview of their academic progress and levels
- Take responsibility for a boys’ boarding house, including night time supervision as agreed with the Boarding Administrator and share in House Office duties
- Help organise and share in activities in the evenings/weekends and accompany trips and visits
- Help to transport students in the minibus when required
- Help to ensure the general comfort and welfare of students and maintain a pleasant working atmosphere
- Be available to students for discussion and report any concerns to the appropriate person(s)
- Keep clear written records, following college policies and procedures, relating to student welfare
- Attend boarding meetings with the Boarding Administrator and other boarding staff as appropriate
- Participate in training/professional development, as appropriate
- Be familiar with National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools and other relevant documentation with regard to the welfare and safety of boarders
The above list is not exhaustive. Apart from the duties summarised above, the College retains the right to include any other reasonable duties determined by the Principal, which are part of, and incidental to, such a role.
Padworth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Please send a copy of your CV to Mr. Tom Griffiths (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application form.