Padworth College is based in an attractive 18th Century country house set in beautifully landscaped grounds providing a secure and peaceful environment for study and recreation. Padworth is ideally located in the countryside just West of Reading and just 45 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
By Air: London Heathrow airport is 40 miles away (45 minutes by car), and Gatwick, Luton and Stansted airports are all linked to Reading by motorway and bus services.
By Rail: There is a regular service from London Paddington to Theale via Reading (mainlline service from London – Exeter). There is a taxi rank at Reading Station or a local taxi may be booked in advance to meet trains at Theale or Aldermaston. An alternative station close to Padworth is Mortimer (Reading – Basingstoke line).
By Car: The College is less than 5 miles (10 minutes) from junction 12 of the M4 motorway and 14 miles (33 minutes) from Junction 6 of the M3 motorway.
Directions from the M4 Motorway
- Leave the M4 motorway at junction 12 and take the exit marked THEALE.
- Straight on at the first roundabout and take the second exit left at the second roundabout onto the A4 and signposted to NEWBURY.
- After about 3 miles there is a short section of dual carriageway and at the end of this on your left, you will see a garage and a HOLIDAY INN HOTEL.
- Turn immediately left at the hotel onto Padworth Lane. Continue over three bridges and up the hill to a crossroads.
- Turn right at the crossroads and the college entrance is the next turning on the right.
Directions from the M3 motorway :
- Leave the M3 motorway at Junction 6 and take the A339 north (following the signs for the North Hampshire Hospital).
- Turn left onto the A340 and continue past the hospital until you reach Tadley.
- Go past the shops and then take the right hand lane.
- Where the road veers sharply left, leave the A340 and bear right past the ELF garage and FALCON pub in the direction of Burghfield.
- Continue on this road for about 4 miles. On a sharp right hand bend, there is a junction with a small country road called Rectory Road.
- Turn left into Rectory road and follow it to a crossroads. At the crossroads turn left and the college entrance is the next turning on the right.
On arrival, all visitors are requested to report to the House Office, which is within the main house at the end of the drive.