During July and August, Oxford Spires Language School operates a Junior Holiday Summer School Programme at Padworth which offers young students aged 8-17 the opportunity to immerse themselves in the English language under the supervision of dedicated teachers and social organisers who together provide a full programme of teaching and leisure activities seven days a week during July and August.
- Full board residential accommodation on the campus
- Peaceful and secure location, ideal for Juniors
- 21 hours of tuition per week
- Varied daily programme of sports and leisure activities to suit all interests
- Two Full day excursions each week including trip to London each week plus Academic trips
- Escorted transfer from Heathrow
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Small classes of 12-15 students
Easily accessible by road, air and rail, the Padworth campus is set in beautiful English countryside just 40 minutes drive from Heathrow.
On arrival at Padworth, students are assessed by ability and then placed in an appropriate class of approximately 12-15 students. The teaching programme provides 21 hours of English lessons and makes use of a variety of teaching techniques to ensure that the learning process is an enjoyable one and to develop confidence in the use of the language, written as well as oral. At the end of the course, each student receives a certificate to mark the progress they have made.
The Summer School course is available for a minimum of two and a maximum of six weeks from 2nd July 2016 to 14th August 2016
I enjoyed Padworth – all the students and teachers were very friendly. the activities after the English lessons were very funny and varied. The trips to Oxford and London were exciting because this was my first time in England. I think all the things I have done were good.