Exam Board: AQA 7132
The course provides a good foundation for the further study of business in higher education as well as providing a good general education. It is also useful for students intending to pursue careers in any area of business.
Students engage with, explore and understand business behaviour and develop a critical understanding of what business is and does.
The course includes the following topics:-
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making.
- Decision making to improve marketing performance.
- Decision making to improve operational performance.
- Decision making to improve financial performance.
- Decision making to improve human resource performance.
- Analysing the strategic position of a business.
- Choosing strategic direction.
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
- Managing strategic change.
The A :Level is assessed by three two hour written exams at the end of the two year course, each being equally weighted.
Paper 1: Multiple-choice questions, short answer and two essays.
Paper 2: Three compulsory data response questions.
Paper 3: One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
No prior business studies knowledge is required to undertake this two-year course of study. Students must have an acceptable level of English language understanding (at least (I)GCSE English grade C or equivalent) as written essays are a major part of assessment.
For more information on this course, please visit http://www.aqa.org.uk